Which path to travel?
Where has the time gone? More importantly, why did the feelings remain? I havn't held a pen in so long. The plastic finds the grooves in my hand and takes on a life of it's own.
I ran from this place out of fear. My sanctuary, my shelter from the storm that is reality. A reality that was torn apart by selfishness and anger.
We have come full circle in these weeks past. Coming home from a much needed vacation, bearing gifts and back stabbings with assorted smiles and tears. We left with everything in our empty bags, and returned with empty hearts. Like the sparrows on my back, guiding me to familiar land, familiar open arms and familiar comforting words.
I dug this grave and laid myself to rest but these soil blankets couldnt keep me warm and I begged for your outstretched arms .
Without you, my navigator, I come to a fork in the road. Staring blankly at 3 roads, no end in sight. "WHich path to travel?" I ask myself knowing full well that i know nothing at all.
I swallow my heart which had made its way to my throat, and clench my fists.
Close my eyes.
Listen to my heart.
Take the next step.
Will it lead to you?

1 comment:
fait will lead you in what ever direction your are destin to go...
may pain and uncertainties comfort you..
don’t avoid challenges that life confronts you with, for they are the only way you will get to where you are suppose to be.
if your head and heart do not agree, allow your heart to guide you and your head will soon fallow.
Post a Comment