Wednesday, July 5

long distance guilt plea


A simple telephone call is all it would have taken. We sit here pondering the "what ifs" of our situation. Seven numbers and minimal syllables is all that was needed, but we lacked the motivation. Now I travel miles away, alone in a crowd, counting the faded yellow lines on the baron highway. It's funny, the one thing that will keep us together during my absence, is the one thing that could have saved us.
Dropping quarters in exchange for awkward silences, I'm running low on change and your voice is making matters worse.
Stuck between a rock and a hard place, a phrase so fitting yet so cliché. I miss you so, but the sounds escaping your lungs only add to the feeling gripping my heart.
Do I hang up, only to regret it, or hold the line, only to do the same?
This isn't an insult, baby, my words don't aim to harm. I simply feel the need to be honest, and honestly I cannot stand to be here without you.
People are so ignorant, they don't understand. They only expect the best of the best, and it's something I cannot deliver at this point in time. The dial tone rings long and loud, like a flat lining heart, which occupies my chest.

2 comments:

Trula Dawn Jackson said...

I have time on my hands today and just finished reading all your postings. You have a remarkable gift for words. I sincerely hope you are using your talents for more than blogging.
And your lady is quite lucky...

Candace said...

love and miss you with all im worth.
198 km is just to far.
come back and remind me why it is i love you so much.