Wednesday, October 11

Illuminate yourself



"Of course I smiled; I always smile when it's something to do with you...."

The words rang through like church bells on a Sunday afternoon in September. I'm not a religious man by any means, but I find sanctuary in these walls, I find sanctuary in your presence.
Stained glass windows are beautiful, dear, but they are nothing compared your eyes. The most brilliant shade of blue radiates through the darkest of days, illuminating all that is good in my life.

Let's rendezvous at Victoria and queen, the scene of the crime. We'll laugh things off and make our break. They won’t suspect a thing as we sit on the riverbank, the car heaters keeping us warm as we watch the red leaves race down the river, destination unknown.
These autumn days are all I have and all I want.
The outcome of a poorly dealt hand. I walked away from that game with the best prize imaginable. I walked away with my future and my dream come true.
We walked away together.

No comments: