Thursday, July 20

Koi: Chapter One

Twist this dagger you have plunged in my back, you might as well make it count. The whip you used to keep me in tow and jumping through your hoops does not suffice any longer. My blood is on your hands, but I will be the one laughing as your vessel takes water and you sink to the bottom of the black churning sea of contradictions you sail.
I will stand tall, I will hold my head high, and I will justify my actions to no one but myself. Your whipping boy and side show act I shall no longer be. I'm sorry bud; things just didn't go the way we had planned.
You conduct yourselves like fish out of water; flip flopping through opinions and decisions. I will make the swim up stream, I will take whatever challenges wait in the river bed, I will not fail myself the same way I supposedly failed you.
The koi is born.

No comments: