collision / the never ending battle
Pieces of metal and plastic debris litter the ground. Everything sounds distant; my eyes don’t want to focus. I slam back into reality as I feel something warm trickle down the side of my head. Adrenaline acts as a pain killer; my heart is going a hundred miles an hour. The other driver must have been doing slightly less than that when his black 95 cavalier struck me like a pro football linebacker. The sound of sirens flood my ears and for some odd reason, remind me of church bells on Christmas Eve.
I guess I'm going to be a little late for our date...
_____________
You shoot me an awkward glance, straight out of a middle school dance. What's next? Will your friend ask me if I want to waltz with you? Your eyes seem to wander, searching for something to grasp on to. Lately it seems as if you have been grasping onto lies, and holding on to rumors as if your life depends on it. This may be a game to you, but it is a game that no one can win. You are fresh out of 'get out of jail' cards and you are running out of lives.
I can’t be bothered to be the topic of conversation in your search of faults and misadventures. I'm running out of patience and growing tired of this merry-go-round feeling.
Why can’t you see that this is much bigger than it needs to be? Completely blown out of proportion and inflated with heated words. We neglected the normal routine and stepped off the beaten path, unaware of the beasts that waited in the dark. My words have slain many, but they may prove to be the demise of this. "What is this exactly?" you wonder, well you aren't alone in your pondering. I have searched for a definition since day one, but I cannot seem to find one which describes this situation.
Just when things die down, You come clawing back like a bad scene in a horror movie, a killer lunging in for one last attack after the protagonist believes it to be deceased. This isn’t what I meant when I said you should fight for what you want.

No comments:
Post a Comment