Sunday, May 28

the best part of waking up, is not folger's in your cup.

"I love you." she assured me. Looking as vibrant as a new tattoo, while dressed in Earth tones.
In this day and age, these three syllables, three words, are thrown around like a baseball in a little league game, with no compassion or substance.
But you seem to cradle these words, and the accompanying feelings like a mother cradling an infant. Carefully constructing your sentences, I hang on to every word. Wanting to fall deeper with every breath we share. With this final sentence, you will make or break my world.

____________

"I have nothing to say other than the fact that youre perfect no matter what anyone says." You smile, showing your perfect pearly whites.
"Ditto" I agree, realizing that no dream could ever amount to the feeling I get when I awake next to you. Our fingers interlock, as our chests rise and lower in sync.
You look me in the eye, as you whipe a strand of hair from your mouth. "I dont ever want to hide anything from you ever, because everything I do is either indirectly or directly because of you.. and I want you to know every move I make, sometimes."
A single tear falls from your left eye. Is it a tear of joy? A tear of fear? A tear of uncertainty?
"And I want to watch every step you take and catch you if you ever fall, I want to be your crutch, your shoulder to cry on, not the mouth that causes the tears."
You smile and place your head on my chest. As we lie together, wasting away this sticky May afternoon.
It is in this moment I understand that the best things in life are free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! thats deep! and so sweet:) i love it! ~stephgav

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»